Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Busy as ever.

Hi guys,
  Today, we are having some very nasty, windy weather, so we are staying inside as much as possible. :-)  Yesterday, Andrew and I went up to the pasture and moved the cows to a different pasture, and then he finished combining the flax, and I disked the field right away.

  This morning, Andrew went over to our rented land by Hazelton to bring back a loader tractor, and he just got home now.  I think that we might be stacking bales this afternoon...  Andrew also mowed the ditches over there.

  I got my straw baled up today in Agricultural simulator, and I tried stacking them 2 high on the bale trailer, but I accidentally dumped some of them off. :-)   I also mowed some grass and collected it in a forage wagon... :-)  Here are some pictures.



 

Well, I suppose I should probably get back to my school work, and/or go outside and see what Andrew is doing, so I will say goodbye for now.

  Jacob.

3 comments:

Dawn Bornemann said...

I love your bales, Jacob--it reminds me of home. How much do you get for yours? ;)
Mom

Hristiyan's mom said...

Speaking of hay costs, Hristiyan told me that at Life Striders horse farm, they use "idiot blocks", and he heard the farmer selling them say that they cost $15. He also told me that when he was there your big ones were selling around $115 for second cut.

Jacob B. said...

yes, that sounds about right. by the way, we are getting $125 a ton on our big bales. :D