Thursday, December 10, 2009

Answer that question

Hello everyone,
Jacob has tried VERY hard to be happy that, this year in school, he can type a blog post rather than write in his journal. He still must do a little writing for penmanship class, but this arrangement is a major improvement to an active young man who would rather skip writing altogether. :) Still, I see him struggling with the "Creative" part of "Creative writing."

Yesterday, as I watched him write his responses to the blog tag that's been going around, I was surprised how easily he put his thoughts together. That was when I got the idea of asking him a question every day that he can answer here. So, from now on, I will write a question at the top of each post, and he will answer it below. Hopefully this will take the terror out of the terrible. :) If you think the question is kind of silly, then, you can know that it's just one busy home school mother trying to keep her writing-reluctant son free from writer's block! Here goes.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? WHY IS IT MORE WONDERFUL THAN EVERY OTHER COLOR TO YOU?

Well, I think my favorite color is orange. I dont know, I guess orange has been my favorite color for a while, but I don't know why. Mom says I have to say 3 things I like that are orange so here they are.

  1. The #5 pool ball.
  2. A pumpkin.
  3. My hockey stick.

Thank you mom for letting me do it this way.
bye,
Jacob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jacob,
You are so welcome and I am VERY glad that we finally found a way of writing that you feel comfortable with. See, IT ISN'T SO BAD!!!!!!!!! ;)
Love much,
Mom